We recently bought 20kg of organic wholemeal spelt flour at a great price direct from a farmer. So what do we do with it? Bake! Whether it's bread or a cake that's what we use - and it's yum!
So here's the ingredients for our recipe of 750g wholemeal spelt bread. We bought a bread maker using points - so free essentially - so I won't include much of a method.
- 350ml filtered water - warm up in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (90 seconds)
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Xylitol (sugar replacement)
- 2 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp bread improver
- Add the ingredients into the bread maker in the order listed above.
- Choose setting of wholemeal or wholemeal rapid for a 750g loaf.
- We choose a dark crust even though it's not that dark.
- Press start!